Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
General Geography Websites
- National Geographic - maps
- CSIRO the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, is Australia's national science agency and one of the largest and most diverse research agencies in the world.
- Bureau of Meteorology is Australia's national weather, climate and water agency. Its expertise and services assist Australians in dealing with the harsh realities of their natural environment, including drought, floods, fires, storms, tsunami and tropical cyclones.
- Geoscience Australia is Australia’s national geoscience agency and exists to apply geoscience to Australia’s most important challenges. Geoscience Australia provides geoscientific advice and information to the Australian Government to support it to deliver its priorities.
- ABC Network - Climate Change
- United Nations Environment Program UNEP, established in 1972, is the voice for the environment within the United Nations system. UNEP acts as a catalyst, advocate, educator and facilitator to promote the wise use and sustainable development of the global environment.
- National Geographic archive Digital access to all issues of the National Geographic magazine since 1888, including an interactive map with locations of articles.
- Diigo geography link
- Worldometers is run by an international team of developers, researchers, and volunteers with the goal of making world statistics available in a thought-provoking and time relevant format to a wide audience around the world. We have no political, governmental, or corporate affiliation. The statistics include population, environment, health, economics, government, energy.
- Images of Change gallery features images of different locations on planet Earth, showing change over time periods ranging from centuries to days. Some of these effects are related to climate change, some are not. Some document the effects of urbanization, or the ravage of natural hazards such as fires and floods. All show our planet in a state of flux.
- The Great Energy Challenge This comprehensive website from National Geographic includes the latest news about resources, renewables, best practices and inovations. There are also interactive features (calculators, quizzes).
- All about water From the ABC Splash website, videos and articles about many aspects of water: biology, weather, conservation, science, etc.
Learn different ways to use Google Earth
Environment and Global Issues
Links for Environment and Global Issues such as:
- Nuclear disarmament
- Food security and hunger
- Land management
- Natural disasters and weather
- Energy and fossil fuels
- Threatened species
- Water resources and management
- Climate change
- Ocean conservation and management
- Waste recycling and energy saving
- Global refugee crisis
- Nuclear power
- Aid and development
- Forestry and conservation